Taino Bay Cruise
TAINO BAY CRUISE TERMINAL, PUERTO PLATA
TAINO BAY CRUISE TERMINAL, PUERTO PLATA
Puerto Plata’s beauty and attire is undeniable. Puerto Plata’s historical downtown, Victorian home style buildings, cable car and the San Felipe fortress are just some of its main cultural points of interest, whereas natural attractions such as Sosua, Cabarete, Punta Rucia and the Damajagua waterfalls represent what this destination has to offer.
Taino Bay is a world-class cruise terminal. Its recently built berthing positions allow the simultaneous docking of three vessels and the disembarking of up to 14,000 passengers. The facilities welcome the most important cruise lines in the world. This terminal consolidates Puerto Plata as one of the principal destinations in the Caribbean. Taino Bay offers brand new touristic facilities which include retail spaces and gourmet experiences throughout the various restaurants and bars.
Taino Bay Port in Puerto Plata opened operations today with the arrival of the MSC Seashore, a modern EVO class cruise ship with 1,700 passengers and capacity for 4,540 plus crew. The ship was built for MSC Cruises in Italy, and arrived on December 15th, 2021 at 8:00am to host the inaugural ceremony with the Dominican Republic.
3D model of Taino Bay Port in Puerto Plata
In the new Taino Bay, cruise passengers will arrive at an exciting destination with elements related to the pre-Columbian Taino culture, as well as an ecological park, water slides, encounters with wildlife, restaurants, shops and other entertainment. From there they will have direct access to the historic center of Puerto Plata, with its colorful Victorian-style houses and buildings.
INFORMATION TAINO BAY CRUISE, PUERTO PLATA
In its first stage, Taino Bay will have a dock large enough to handle two Oasis size ships. A 20-acre / 8.4-hectare onshore facility divided into several areas:
- Taino Village with a theme based on the culture of the pre-Columbian Taino people.
- Monkey Jungle will be an interactive ecological park with Capuchin monkeys, a botanical garden, an aviary, a reptile island, a marine habitat and a sustainability center.
- Fort Cibao will be a theme park with water slides, roller coasters, children’s and VIP areas, and swimming with rays and cat sharks.
- Bucanneers Village with shops, bars, restaurants, squares for live entertainment and a museum.
- Fort San Felipe, a historic 14th-century Spanish fortress overlooking the bay, commissioned by King Phillip II of Spain in 1564, and full of historic significance.
- Puerto Plata Historic District, within walking distance to the port, and full of landmarks, restaurants, plazas, museums, shopping areas and entertainment.
- Zip Line – A multi-stage Zip Line that will surround the entire facility.
Taino Bay will replace the old Puerto Plata cargo port, placing cruise passengers a few steps away from the historical district that includes Fort San Felipe, an important historical site, and the colonial heart of Puerto Plata where an area of 16 blocks will be undergoing major renovations and improvements from the government.
That area includes dozens of gift shops, antique shops, and landmarks such as the Paseo Dona Blanca, Central Park, San Felipe Cathedral, The Gregorio Luperon museum, the Amber Gallery, Umbrella street, The Amber Museum, Historic Fire Department and many more places where cruise passengers will be toured.
Grupo ITM from México invested $80 million into the first stage of the Taino Bay development, which includes the dock and two-berth dock facilities. Some dredging was required to bring the shipping channel and basin depth to 11.5 meters / 38 feet, and a former power station and fishing pier will be removed.
The existing loading dock will be expanded to 400 meters / 1,312 feet, to allow for a couple of Oasis-size ships alongside. In the second stage, an additional 300 meters / 984 feet extension is planned so that three Oasis-sized ships can call simultaneously.
To create Taino Bay, Puerto Plata’s former cargo pier was extended to handle two Oasis-size ships and one smaller vessel. Its first phase of upland development includes a welcome area, transport hub, retail, beach club, food and beverage outlets, entertainment and continuous free trolley service to Puerto Plata’s colonial center.
ARRIVALS PORT SCHEDULE, TAINO BAY CRUISE, PUERTO PLATA
Times are subject to change. For questions on arrival and departure times, please contact your cruise line.
MAP TAINO BAY CRUISE, PUERTO PLATA
THE BEST TOURS, PUERTO PLATA
- Cayo Arena Day Tip
- ATV Adventure With Resort Beach
- Monkey Jumgle and Zip Line Adventure
- City Tour Cable Car
WHERE TO EAT, PUERTO PLATA
- Diaz & Fernandez Restaurant
- Le Petit Francois Restaurant
- Casa 40 Restaurant
- La Casita Azul Restaurant
- Kaffe Restaurant
- Punto Mariscos Restaurant
- Le Petit Francois Restaurant
- La Tarappa Restaurant
- Las Palmas Restaurant
- La Carihuela Restaurant
- El Teleferico Restaurant
NEAR TO OCEAN WORLD ADVENTURE PARK
You are in the center of the city where the places of interest are close and you can get there by crossing a corner, enjoy every moment with your family or your partner, show your photos to your friends of our beautiful Puerto Plata.
- Espigon Cigar Factory
- Independence Central Park
- Isabel de Torres National Park
- Calle De Las Sombrillas
- El Rincon Del Cafe
- Paso Peatonal de Melosa
- Amber Museum
- Fortaleza San Felipe
- Gregorio Luperon Museum
- Paseo Dona Blanca
WHERE TO STAY, PUERTO PLATA
Choosing where to stay in Puerto Plata is very simple, if you are looking for 3 to 5 star hotels they are available for you, if you are looking for comfortable and safe cheap hotels you will also find them, we will leave you a list of 5 star hotels and cheap hotels so that you can make the right decision .
Where to Stay in Puerto Plata
We recommend these resorts around Puerto Plata for the best experience, regardless of your budget:
- Lifestyle Holidays Vacation Resort : Lifestyle Holidays Vacation Resort is a hotel complex located in Cofresi Beach, at 30 minutes from the International airport (POP). This Complex features a variety of accommodations: Superior, Jr. Suites, apartments; penthouses, Villas, a big selection of restaurants and bars.
- BLUEBAY Villas Doradas : Blue Bay is an 18-plus all-inclusive resort perfect for couples and groups of friends. Guests enjoy the use of a private beach, with all necessary amenities provided for a day on the sand from seating to shade.
- Barcelo Puerto Plata : This breathtaking hotel is located right on the magnificent “Playa Dorada” with golden sand and crystal water, which offers the tourist a true Caribbean ambiance. Surrounded by an 18 holes golf court designed by Robert Trent Jones. 15 minutes (18 km) from International Puerto Plata Airport, 10 Minutes (5 km) from Puerto Plata’s Downtown.
- Senator Puerto Plata Spa Resort : Senator Puerto Plata Spa Resort is the perfect place to enjoy a Premium “All Inclusive vacation” experience. This adult oriented resort combines luxury and sophistication. . It also features large pools and extensive gardens, making it the perfect paradise to relax and enjoy unforgettable moments.
- Playa Bachata Spa Resort : Playabachata Spa Resort is the ideal place to enjoy a relaxing holiday. At the foot of a coral beach, with stunning mountain views and surrounded by a tropical garden.
- Hotel Iberostar Costa Dorada : Located in the majestic beach of Costa Dorada, only 25 minutes from the International Airport Gregorio Luperon, surrounded by lush tropical gardens with fountains of colorful fishes and turtles.
- VH Gran Ventana Beach Resort : Accented with rich colors and an exquisite mix of Victorian and Caribbean architecture, the VH Gran Ventana Beach Resort offers a savvy all-inclusive choice in Puerto Plata. Consisting of 506 spacious guest rooms and suites, this first-class resort sets the tone for any occasion offering a wealth of onsite amenities and activities.
- Emotions By Hodelpa Playa Dorada : This five-star resort offers mid-range prices and all-inclusive plans. Breakfast is included for all guests, and the resort has pool and beach access, snorkeling, entertainment, a kids’ club, and spa.
- Viva Wyndham V Heavens – All-Inclusive Resort : This adults-only all-inclusive is a favorite for those looking for a low-key, relaxing tropical getaway.
TAINO BAY CRUISE, PUERTO PLATA - VIDEO
The second arrival to the port on December 17th was the gorgeous, 333 meter long Norwegian Encore, a Breakaway Plus class ship with 4,200 passenger berths, built for and operated by Norwegian Cruise Line. Other ships scheduled to arrive in the first month of operation are the Celebrity Millennium, Scarlet Lady, and Celebrity Reflexion.
The third arrival to Taino Bay was the Scarlet Lady from Virgin Cruises, a gorgeous ship that carried over 2,000 tourists. The same day Puerto Plata welcomed over 7,000 tourists from two other ships that docked at the Amber Cove port from Carnival Cruises. It was a glorious day to see the city handling this many tourists in a very professional way.
TAINO BAY CRUISE, PUERTO PLATA - FAQ's
Taino Bay Cruise opening hours:
Sun - Sat 8:00 - 16:00
We recommend booking Taino Bay Cruise tours ahead of time to secure your spot. If you book with Tripadvisor, you can cancel free of charge up to 24 hours before the start of the tour for a full refund. See all 7 Taino Bay Cruise tours on Tripadvisor
According to Tripadvisor travellers, these are the best ways to experience Taino Bay Cruise:
Location & Maps
|Mon - Sat||6:00 - 16:00|