¿WHERE IS THE PUERTO PLATA AIRPORT?
Located 14 km southeast of Puerto Plata, the airport is the gateway to the second largest tourist destination on the island. The growing traffic is sustained by the growth of the markets of Germany, Canada, Russia and Trinidad and Tobago and JetBlue's second frequency during the summer, in 2019 it received 862,000 passengers.
Puerto Plata Airport POP – Gregorio Luperón is the main airport to fly to when visiting the north coast of the Dominican Republic. Located 19.7554° N, 70.5638° W between Sosua and Puerto Plata, it is considered the fourth busiest airport on the island (after PUJ, SDQ and STI). Its main terminal has 10 gates, of which half have boarding bridges on the satellite concourse.
This airport was built in 1971 when the North Coast was declared a strategic area for tourism development. The runway length of 3,081 x 46 meters can handle wide-body aircraft and up to 1,200 passengers per hour. POP, as it is commonly known, also has a private aircraft area for private jets, planes, and helicopters.
In the main terminal there are shops where you can buy food, drinks and souvenirs; duty free shops and car rental stands, has 18 airlines
PUERTO PLATA, AIRPORT FACILITIES AND SERVICES:
- 2 VIP Lounges
- Flight information screens
- Public telephone services
- Baggage Protection Services
- Retail Stores
- Post Office
- Visitors Parking
- Info Desk
- Retail Facilities
- Restaurants and fast food
- Free Luggage Carts
- Services and Food Restaurant
- Ground Transportation
- Departure Lounge
- Ground Transportation
PUERTO PLATA, AIRPORT FLIGHT SCHEDULE:
DEPARTURES VS ARRIVALS
PUERTO PLATA, AIRPORT CODE
- Aeropuerto Internacional Gregorio Luperon POP
- Aeropuerto Internacional Las Américas, Santo Domingo SDQ
- Aeropuerto Internacional Punta Cana PUJ
- Aeropuerto Internacional La Romana, La Romana LRM
- Aeropuerto Arrollo Barril, Samaná MMAB
- Aeropuerto Internacional del Cibao STI
THE BEST TOURS, PUERTO PLATA
- Cayo Arena Day Tip
- ATV Adventure With Resort Beach
- Monkey Jumgle and Zip Line Adventure
- City Tour Cable Car
WHERE TO EAT, PUERTO PLATA
- Diaz & Fernandez Restaurant
- Le Petit Francois Restaurant
- Casa 40 Restaurant
- La Casita Azul Restaurant
- Kaffe Restaurant
- Punto Mariscos Restaurant
- Le Petit Francois Restaurant
- La Tarappa Restaurant
- Las Palmas Restaurant
- La Carihuela Restaurant
- El Teleferico Restaurant
NEAR TO OCEAN WORLD ADVENTURE PARK
You are in the center of the city where the places of interest are close and you can get there by crossing a corner, enjoy every moment with your family or your partner, show your photos to your friends of our beautiful Puerto Plata.
- Espigon Cigar Factory
- Independence Central Park
- Isabel de Torres National Park
- Calle De Las Sombrillas
- El Rincon Del Cafe
- Paso Peatonal de Melosa
- Amber Museum
- Fortaleza San Felipe
- Gregorio Luperon Museum
- Paseo Dona Blanca
WHERE TO STAY, PUERTO PLATA
Choosing where to stay in Puerto Plata is very simple, if you are looking for 3 to 5 star hotels they are available for you, if you are looking for comfortable and safe cheap hotels you will also find them, we will leave you a list of 5 star hotels and cheap hotels so that you can make the right decision .
Where to Stay in Puerto Plata
We recommend these resorts around Puerto Plata for the best experience, regardless of your budget:
- Lifestyle Holidays Vacation Resort : Lifestyle Holidays Vacation Resort is a hotel complex located in Cofresi Beach, at 30 minutes from the International airport (POP). This Complex features a variety of accommodations: Superior, Jr. Suites, apartments; penthouses, Villas, a big selection of restaurants and bars.
- BLUEBAY Villas Doradas : Blue Bay is an 18-plus all-inclusive resort perfect for couples and groups of friends. Guests enjoy the use of a private beach, with all necessary amenities provided for a day on the sand from seating to shade.
- Barcelo Puerto Plata : This breathtaking hotel is located right on the magnificent “Playa Dorada” with golden sand and crystal water, which offers the tourist a true Caribbean ambiance. Surrounded by an 18 holes golf court designed by Robert Trent Jones. 15 minutes (18 km) from International Puerto Plata Airport, 10 Minutes (5 km) from Puerto Plata’s Downtown.
- Senator Puerto Plata Spa Resort : Senator Puerto Plata Spa Resort is the perfect place to enjoy a Premium “All Inclusive vacation” experience. This adult oriented resort combines luxury and sophistication. . It also features large pools and extensive gardens, making it the perfect paradise to relax and enjoy unforgettable moments.
- Playa Bachata Spa Resort : Playabachata Spa Resort is the ideal place to enjoy a relaxing holiday. At the foot of a coral beach, with stunning mountain views and surrounded by a tropical garden.
- Hotel Iberostar Costa Dorada : Located in the majestic beach of Costa Dorada, only 25 minutes from the International Airport Gregorio Luperon, surrounded by lush tropical gardens with fountains of colorful fishes and turtles.
- VH Gran Ventana Beach Resort : Accented with rich colors and an exquisite mix of Victorian and Caribbean architecture, the VH Gran Ventana Beach Resort offers a savvy all-inclusive choice in Puerto Plata. Consisting of 506 spacious guest rooms and suites, this first-class resort sets the tone for any occasion offering a wealth of onsite amenities and activities.
- Emotions By Hodelpa Playa Dorada : This five-star resort offers mid-range prices and all-inclusive plans. Breakfast is included for all guests, and the resort has pool and beach access, snorkeling, entertainment, a kids’ club, and spa.
- Viva Wyndham V Heavens – All-Inclusive Resort : This adults-only all-inclusive is a favorite for those looking for a low-key, relaxing tropical getaway.
PUERTO PLATA AIRPORT - VIDEO
AIRPORT LIVE FLIGHT TRACKERS:
Aeropuerto, Puerto Plata - FAQ's
Find cheap airline tickets on Wego.com by searching the cheapest airlines flying to San Felipe de Puerto Plata. Wego connects directly with hundreds of full-service and low-cost carriers to provide you with the best selection of cheap flights and to easily compare booking on all airlines flying to San Felipe de Puerto Plata.
Which airlines offer direct flights to Dominican Republic? Qatar Airways, jetBlue, American Airlines, Delta, Emirates, United, Spirit Airlines and KLM all fly non-stop to Dominican Republic.
Airlines Flying from United States to San Felipe de Puerto Plata
Other Popular Airlines Flying to San Felipe de Puerto Plata
- American Airlines (AA)
- JetBlue Airways (B6)
- United Airlines (UA)
- WestJet (WS)
- Condor Flugdienst (DE)
- Air Transat (TS)
- Sunwing Airlines (WG)
- TUIfly (X3)
Located 14km from Puerto Plata South-East, the airport is the gateway to the island’s second largest tourist destination. The increasing traffic is sustained by the growth of the German, Canadian, Russian and Trinidad and Tobago markets and the second frequency of JetBlue during the summer.
Here is how to get from Puerto Plata to Las Terrenas. The distance from Puerto Plata to Las Terrenas is 192 kilometers. The travel time from Puerto Plata to Las Terrenas is around 3 hours and 45 minutes by taxi. And if you go by bus around 4 hours total travel time.
The cheapest way from Puerto Plata to Las Terrenas is by bus for 400 DOP which is $8 USD. If you go by taxi will be around $150-170 USD depending your final destination and negotiation skills. You can also rent a car in Puerto Plata or getting a private transfer.
Here is how to get from Puerto Plata to Punta Cana. The distance from Puerto Plata to Punta Cana is 392.6 kilometers. Travel time from Puerto Plata to Las Terrenas is around 5 hours and 30 minutes by taxi. And if you go by bus about 6 hours of total travel time.
The cheapest way to go from Puerto Plata to Punta Cana is by bus for approximately 1800 DOP which costs $30 USD. If you go by taxi, it will cost you around $300-500 USD depending on your final destination and negotiating skills. You can also rent a car in Puerto Plata or get a private transfer.
Name of transport that travels from Puerto Plata to Punta Cana
1- Caribe Tours, Located in Puerto Plata is very easy to get to.
When traveling from London to Puerto Plata, the most popular airport to fly into is Puerto Plata La Union Airport. The majority of travelers flying into Puerto Plata La Union Airport from London are departing from London Heathrow Airport.
If you are looking for alternate airports to fly out of when traveling to Puerto Plata, you can try flying out of London Heathrow Airport (in London), London Gatwick Airport (in London), or London City Airport (in London).
When traveling from London, it is helpful to have an alternative airport to fly into when you land in Puerto Plata.
Good options for arrival airports in Puerto Plata, you can try Santiago de los Caballeros Airport (in Santiago de los Caballeros), Puerto Plata La Union Airport (in Puerto Plata), or Nagua Samaná El Catey Airport (in Nagua).
The least expensive flight option from London to Puerto Plata will typically be LHR — POP during the month of April with an average price of £463 RT.
Location & Maps