El Rincon Del Cafe
EL RINCON DEL CAFE, PUERTO PLATA
The smell of freshly brewed coffee is hard to beat. The rich satisfying sensation of coffee is due to the volatile compounds produced when we roast coffee beans.
El Rincon del Café is the place to go to for truly demanding coffee lovers. The variety and quality of their coffee has earned them a reputation among travelers and locals alike. Organic coffee is a hot commodity among tourists these days, and Dominican coffee is considered to rank among the top in the world.
El Rincon del Café was born as an act of spontaneous madness of two friends (Alexis Payamps and Ambra Attus) who share a passion for coffee, a desire to do things right and to support the good people of our beautiful country.
From an article originally published by Bohio, Alexis recalled some memories; it is said that “waiting for the perfect climate will never allow planting; and believing that it will rain all the time will prevent the harvesting of crops,” so we started talking about this project in January and opened the store almost at once, on the 25th of March 2019, eager to share our products and ideas with the world.
We seek to create a cultural connection with coffee and producing communities, offering varieties of organic coffee from different villages of the Dominican Republic and showing the various processes of production, washing, roasting and preparation; the great efforts and care involved in getting a real premium and specialty coffee.
In our space we put within the reach of coffee lovers, not only coffee, but also accessories, decoration and ideas, handmade, thematic and fun gifts, providing space for artisans from the area and the country to present their products and benefit from the sale. In this way we want to collaborate with the sustainable development of coffee towns, the education of consumers and the well-being of artisans.
We provide an explanation about the world of coffee and its stages, from the tree to the cup, but we also talk about the people behind the coffee, since specialty coffee is one that can exist only thanks to the dedication of the people who make quality their priority; from the passion and knowledge of the coffee grower, to the skill of the roaster and the barista. When visiting Puerto Plata, stop by Rincon Del Café for a taste of the best.
THE BEST TOURS, PUERTO PLATA
- Cayo Arena Day Tip
- ATV Adventure With Resort Beach
- Monkey Jumgle and Zip Line Adventure
- City Tour Cable Car
WHERE TO EAT, PUERTO PLATA
- Diaz & Fernandez Restaurant
- Le Petit Francois Restaurant
- Casa 40 Restaurant
- La Casita Azul Restaurant
- Kaffe Restaurant
- Punto Mariscos Restaurant
- Le Petit Francois Restaurant
- La Tarappa Restaurant
- Las Palmas Restaurant
- La Carihuela Restaurant
- El Teleferico Restaurant
NEAR TO OCEAN WORLD ADVENTURE PARK
You are in the center of the city where the places of interest are close and you can get there by crossing a corner, enjoy every moment with your family or your partner, show your photos to your friends of our beautiful Puerto Plata.
- Espigon Cigar Factory
- Independence Central Park
- Isabel de Torres National Park
- Calle De Las Sombrillas
- El Rincon Del Cafe
- Paso Peatonal de Melosa
- Amber Museum
- Fortaleza San Felipe
- Gregorio Luperon Museum
- Paseo Dona Blanca
WHERE TO STAY, PUERTO PLATA
Choosing where to stay in Puerto Plata is very simple, if you are looking for 3 to 5 star hotels they are available for you, if you are looking for comfortable and safe cheap hotels you will also find them, we will leave you a list of 5 star hotels and cheap hotels so that you can make the right decision .
Where to Stay in Puerto Plata
We recommend these resorts around Puerto Plata for the best experience, regardless of your budget:
- Lifestyle Holidays Vacation Resort : Lifestyle Holidays Vacation Resort is a hotel complex located in Cofresi Beach, at 30 minutes from the International airport (POP). This Complex features a variety of accommodations: Superior, Jr. Suites, apartments; penthouses, Villas, a big selection of restaurants and bars.
- BLUEBAY Villas Doradas : Blue Bay is an 18-plus all-inclusive resort perfect for couples and groups of friends. Guests enjoy the use of a private beach, with all necessary amenities provided for a day on the sand from seating to shade.
- Barcelo Puerto Plata : This breathtaking hotel is located right on the magnificent “Playa Dorada” with golden sand and crystal water, which offers the tourist a true Caribbean ambiance. Surrounded by an 18 holes golf court designed by Robert Trent Jones. 15 minutes (18 km) from International Puerto Plata Airport, 10 Minutes (5 km) from Puerto Plata’s Downtown.
- Senator Puerto Plata Spa Resort : Senator Puerto Plata Spa Resort is the perfect place to enjoy a Premium “All Inclusive vacation” experience. This adult oriented resort combines luxury and sophistication. . It also features large pools and extensive gardens, making it the perfect paradise to relax and enjoy unforgettable moments.
- Playa Bachata Spa Resort : Playabachata Spa Resort is the ideal place to enjoy a relaxing holiday. At the foot of a coral beach, with stunning mountain views and surrounded by a tropical garden.
- Hotel Iberostar Costa Dorada : Located in the majestic beach of Costa Dorada, only 25 minutes from the International Airport Gregorio Luperon, surrounded by lush tropical gardens with fountains of colorful fishes and turtles.
- VH Gran Ventana Beach Resort : Accented with rich colors and an exquisite mix of Victorian and Caribbean architecture, the VH Gran Ventana Beach Resort offers a savvy all-inclusive choice in Puerto Plata. Consisting of 506 spacious guest rooms and suites, this first-class resort sets the tone for any occasion offering a wealth of onsite amenities and activities.
- Emotions By Hodelpa Playa Dorada : This five-star resort offers mid-range prices and all-inclusive plans. Breakfast is included for all guests, and the resort has pool and beach access, snorkeling, entertainment, a kids’ club, and spa.
- Viva Wyndham V Heavens – All-Inclusive Resort : This adults-only all-inclusive is a favorite for those looking for a low-key, relaxing tropical getaway.
EL RINCON DEL CAFE, PUERTO PLATA - VIDEO
EL RINCON DEL CAFE, PUERTO PLATA - FAQ's
El Rincon del Café is located on Calle Separación 36, Puerto Plata, a few corners from Calle de las Sombrillas.
Organic coffee is a hot commodity among tourists these days, and Dominican coffee is considered some of the best in the world.
We are a specialty coffee shop, where you can also find different products to strain or drink your coffee.
Location & Maps
|Monday to Sunday||8:00 AM to 7:00 PM|