Cayo Arena Beach
CAYO ARENA PARADISE ISLAND
Off these northwestern shores, boats depart to the offshore Cayo Arena–also known as Cayo Paraíso–offering exceptional diving for beginner levels, starting at five meters (16 feet). Schools of tropical fish can also easily be seen in shallow turquoise waters, making this spot a paradise for snorkeling fans. This area boasts some of the most abundant marine life in the DR, with corals and sponges that surround the caye, where octopuses, crabs, schools of surgeonfish, sergeant majors, damselfish, angelfish, and yellowtail snappers all swim around your feet. This tiny sandbank is also a dreamy spot to relax and take plenty of beach selfies.
ALL ABOUT CAYO ARENA PARADISE ISLAND
Cayo Arena paradise island tour is perhaps the most unique experience travelers will have in the Puerto Plata region of Dominican Republic. This tiny coral island sits in the middle of the ocean, just off the coast of Punta Rucia and is home to countless species of tropical fish, such as Sergeant Major, Surgeon Fish, Angel Fish, Yellow Tail Snappers, Damsel Fish, Crabs, Octopus; also sponges, plenty of coral, and other marine life.
Snorkeling in Paradise Island
Snorkeling enthusiasts will want to bring a Gopro or any other waterproof camera to capture the fantastic schools of tropical fish found in the shallow waters surrounding this coral island. Snorkel gear is provided by all tour operators, follow their lead on the best spots and you`ll enjoy an unforgettable snorkeling experience.
Diving in Paradise Island
A local tour operator offers diving in the surrounding corals, great for beginner divers ( starting at 5m, 16 ft ). More advanced divers will take a tour to Viator.com, in one of the coral banks that go down to 30 meters, including a steep wall dive. This dive has several anemone species, corals and lot of critters, great for underwater photography.
Another great dive is the Cabeza del Cayo, where bigger marine species are found due to the possibility of strong currents. Gorgonian coral formations, schools of squid and many other species make this a favorite for more advanced divers. A good recommended diver instructor is Rene Talheim from Corales Punta Rucia, try the link for more information.
There are a few hotels in La Ensenada, and although this is not an sponsored article we will feature here what we believe are the top choices; including the Punta Rucia Lodge, both for its unique appeal, quality and overall value. This resort consists of 13 beautiful A-frame style bungalows that include 18 rooms. It has a restaurant with terrace and bar, swimming pool with sea views and its own pier.
The design somehow reminding us of our Taino ancestry, mixed with luxurious details and top tier service. This is a boutique hotel, very high end, and has it all for the perfect Dominican Republic vacation experience.
THE BEST TOURS, PUERTO PLATA
- Cayo Arena Day Tip
- ATV Adventure With Resort Beach
- Monkey Jumgle and Zip Line Adventure
- City Tour Cable Car
WHERE TO EAT, PUERTO PLATA
- Diaz & Fernandez Restaurant
- Le Petit Francois Restaurant
- Casa 40 Restaurant
- La Casita Azul Restaurant
- Kaffe Restaurant
- Punto Mariscos Restaurant
- Le Petit Francois Restaurant
- La Tarappa Restaurant
- Las Palmas Restaurant
- La Carihuela Restaurant
- El Teleferico Restaurant
NEAR TO CAYO ARENA PARADISE ISLAND
You are in the center of the city where the places of interest are close and you can get there by crossing a corner, enjoy every moment with your family or your partner, show your photos to your friends of our beautiful Puerto Plata.
- Espigon Cigar Factory
- Independence Central Park
- Isabel de Torres National Park
- Calle De Las Sombrillas
- El Rincon Del Cafe
- Paso Peatonal de Melosa
- Amber Museum
- Fortaleza San Felipe
- Gregorio Luperon Museum
- Paseo Dona Blanca
WHERE TO STAY, PUERTO PLATA
Choosing where to stay in Puerto Plata is very simple, if you are looking for 3 to 5 star hotels they are available for you, if you are looking for comfortable and safe cheap hotels you will also find them, we will leave you a list of 5 star hotels and cheap hotels so that you can make the right decision .
Where to Stay in Puerto Plata
We recommend these resorts around Puerto Plata for the best experience, regardless of your budget:
- Lifestyle Holidays Vacation Resort : Lifestyle Holidays Vacation Resort is a hotel complex located in Cofresi Beach, at 30 minutes from the International airport (POP). This Complex features a variety of accommodations: Superior, Jr. Suites, apartments; penthouses, Villas, a big selection of restaurants and bars.
- BLUEBAY Villas Doradas : Blue Bay is an 18-plus all-inclusive resort perfect for couples and groups of friends. Guests enjoy the use of a private beach, with all necessary amenities provided for a day on the sand from seating to shade.
- Barcelo Puerto Plata : This breathtaking hotel is located right on the magnificent “Playa Dorada” with golden sand and crystal water, which offers the tourist a true Caribbean ambiance. Surrounded by an 18 holes golf court designed by Robert Trent Jones. 15 minutes (18 km) from International Puerto Plata Airport, 10 Minutes (5 km) from Puerto Plata’s Downtown.
- Senator Puerto Plata Spa Resort : Senator Puerto Plata Spa Resort is the perfect place to enjoy a Premium “All Inclusive vacation” experience. This adult oriented resort combines luxury and sophistication. . It also features large pools and extensive gardens, making it the perfect paradise to relax and enjoy unforgettable moments.
- Playa Bachata Spa Resort : Playabachata Spa Resort is the ideal place to enjoy a relaxing holiday. At the foot of a coral beach, with stunning mountain views and surrounded by a tropical garden.
- Hotel Iberostar Costa Dorada : Located in the majestic beach of Costa Dorada, only 25 minutes from the International Airport Gregorio Luperon, surrounded by lush tropical gardens with fountains of colorful fishes and turtles.
- VH Gran Ventana Beach Resort : Accented with rich colors and an exquisite mix of Victorian and Caribbean architecture, the VH Gran Ventana Beach Resort offers a savvy all-inclusive choice in Puerto Plata. Consisting of 506 spacious guest rooms and suites, this first-class resort sets the tone for any occasion offering a wealth of onsite amenities and activities.
- Emotions By Hodelpa Playa Dorada : This five-star resort offers mid-range prices and all-inclusive plans. Breakfast is included for all guests, and the resort has pool and beach access, snorkeling, entertainment, a kids’ club, and spa.
- Viva Wyndham V Heavens – All-Inclusive Resort : This adults-only all-inclusive is a favorite for those looking for a low-key, relaxing tropical getaway.
CAYO ARENA PARADISE ISLAND - VIDEO
CAYO ARENA PARADISE ISLAND - FAQ's
• Prices tend to be around the $60-$90 USD range and include pick up from your hotel.
Cayo Arena, also known as Paradise Island, is a coral island situated to the northwest of the Dominican Republic, off the coast of Puerto Plata in Punta Rusia.
It is very easy to get to the place, it all depends on where you are, most routes pass near to Punta Rusia, you just have to tell it that you are going to Cayo Arena, Please" and after you arrive you are two corners away. destination, you can also download the app Travelerd: Family Travel Guide, travel with your GPS and find the places that are close to you.
Hours and calendar of Operation:
- Open 24h.
Cayo Arena offers schools of tropical fish that can also easily be seen in shallow turquoise waters, making this spot a paradise for snorkeling fans; the area boasts some of the most abundant marine life in the DR, with corals and sponges, and schools of tropical fish swimming around your feet.
Receives 87,000 tourists arrive each year
Location & Maps