Ocean World Adventure Park, Puerto Plata
Snorkeling opportunities, dolphin shows, and a beach full of lounge chairs all contribute to Ocean World Adventure Park’s standing as a top family attraction in the Dominican Republic. The park is prime for kids during the day and transforms into a casino after dark, complete with a restaurant, slot games, a disco floor, and a Vegas-style show, offering parent-friendly nightlife with Caribbean flair.
Live the very best experiences by visiting sites that leave you with lasting memories and appreciation and of course, dazzling pictures of special places like those Puerto Plata offers.
Ocean World is the largest amusement park in the entire Caribbean where the world’s largest man-made dolphin habitat extends and is an attraction not to be missed during your vacation at the Puerto Plata Resorts.
Ocean World visitors with the Day Pass will have the opportunity to swim in the fish aquarium, while entering a tropical forest they will be able to feed exotic birds, observe the iguanas, Pirate Pool, will have access to the dolphin beach, beach chairs included, lunch and much more!
A day pass to Ocean World Adventure Park is a good value for a day of fun, granting access to most of the park’s major attractions and activities, including Dolphin Beach, a freshwater pool, and the Tropical Reef Aquarium, in addition to a buffet-style lunch. Daily sea lion and dolphin shows entertain, while the tropical bird exhibit and iguana habitat spotlight animal species native to the tropical rainforest. For those who want to play after dark, the Bravissimo show offers a live performance with unlimited drinks and optional dinner followed by casino games and a disco party. Dinner show packages are available, as are day trip tours (See all Tours) from Santo Domingo.
Location on map
Ocean World Adventure Park is set three miles (five kilometers) west of Puerto Plata on the Dominican Republic's north coast, about a 30-minute drive from Gregorio Luperon International Airport. Most tours include hotel pickup and drop-off from the Puerto Plata area, although hotels farther out can incur additional fees. Those who wish to arrive and leave on their own schedule can travel by private vehicle or taxi.
Things to know before you go!
- Programs often sell out, so it’s best to guarantee entrance by booking ahead.
- Be sure to bring a bathing suit, towel, sun protection, and spending cash.
- The site features changing rooms and shower, and fee-based lockers are available.
- All facilities are wheelchair accessible, and wheelchairs are available for visitor use with advance notice.
- Flip-flops and shorts are not permitted at the Bravissimo Show.
- Kids are allowed at the Bravissimo show, but visitors must be 18 or older to enter the casino or disco.
- Ocean World Adventure Park offers the chance to swim with dolphins, sea lions, and sharks for an additional fee. Prices start at $79, and reservations for these interactive programs are required.
When to Get There
Ocean World Adventure Park is open Tuesday to Sunday from 8:30am to 5:30pm. The Bravissimo Show runs on Wednesday, Friday, and Saturday at 9pm.
Price + Info
- Email: [email protected]
- Phone Number: 1 (809) 291-1000
- Facebook: oceanworlddr
- Twitter: OceanWorldRD
- Instagram: oceanworldrd
- Mon - Sat: 8:00 AM - 6:00 PM
- Sunday: Closed
- DOLPHINS AT OCEAN WORLD ADVENTURE PARK
- Ocean World Adventure Park boasts the largest man-made dolphin habitat in the world, currently home to 15 Atlantic bottlenose dolphins from Cuba and Honduras. They each eat up to 26 pounds of fish per day.
Vip Dolphin Swim Adventure
- Swim up close and personal with 2 playful dolphins in this VIP adventure. Your experience begins with a brief lecture to learn about these wonderful sea creatures.
- Then hop on to receive a kiss, a hug and enjoy an amazing ride through the lagoon on top of a boogie board, amazing memories to last forever. During your visit snorkel in a coral reef aquarium, feed lovebirds and enjoy a handful of activities at no additional cost. BUY TICKETS
- ADULTS: 13 + YEARS OLD - US$ 240
- CHILDREN: 6 - 12 YEARS OLD - US$ 190
Dolphin Swim 30min
- 30 Minutes program.
- Discover the unique opportunity to be up close to this wonderful marine mammal, kissing, hugging, dancing and feeding a Dolphin.
- A moment that will last for a lifetime. BUY TICKETS
- ADULTS: 13 + YEARS OLD - US$ 189
- CHILDREN: 6 - 12 YEARS OLD - US$ 144
Dolphin Encounter 30min
- The best family activity at Ocean World is the Dolphin Encounter, which offers close contact with dolphin in waist deep water, touching, kissing, dancing, feeding and playing with this gentle mammal.
- An interaction that is fun and educational, ideal for non swimmers and families with young kids. BUY TICKETS
- ADULTS: 13 + YEARS OLD - US$ 120
- CHILDREN: 6 - 12 YEARS OLD - US$ 99
Sea Lion Encounter 30min
- A fun program designed to let you meet the clown of the sea, the Patagonian Sea Lion.
- Meet them up close, in our interaction pool, where guests are provided with an opportunity to touch, feed, pet and play with these wonderful animals.
- Get a kiss, a hug and tons of memories to last forever. BUY TICKETS
- ADULTS: 13 + YEARS OLD - US$ 110
- CHILDREN: 6 - 12 YEARS OLD - US$ 110
Shark Encounter & Swim 30min
- During your vacations in Puerto Plata, challenge your fears swimming with sharks at Ocean World.
- A program designed for those who say, “only action is satisfaction" or "no risk no fun” the Sharks encounter is most definitely for you.
- These sharks have been trained to be safely fed and handled by humans. BUY TICKETS
- ADULTS: 13 + YEARS OLD - US$ 110
- CHILDREN: 6 - 12 YEARS OLD - US$ 110
Night Life - Activities
- With an indescribable view of the Atlantic Ocean, the Ocean World Terrace offers a great option of entertaining.
- If you want to watch the most beautiful sunset in company of an excellent wine this is the place to do so, but if you are also looking to stay longer and enjoy the Ocean World nightlife, the music, snacks menu and great prices can make you feel at home.
- Ocean World Terrace has the largest variety of beverage bottles of all ranges in Puerto Plata, from elegant champagne to traditional Rum. We have a great space designed just for you and where you can also watch any sports game of the season
- The Ocean World Terrace is the ideal place for locals and tourists visiting Puerto Plata to interact and enjoy a great atmosphere in comfortable terraces overlooking the Marina that makes it the best place to share with family and friends.
- Open daily from 8:00 AM.
¿what is the entrance price?
Day Pass : Adults us$69 Children from 4 to 12 years old pay us$54.
¿What kind of food does it offer Ocean World Adventure Park?
We have a wide variety of snack food ideal for the day, if you want another type of food you can visit the Ocean World Terrace where you will find different food dishes.
¿How far is ocean world from the city center?
Ocean World Adventure Park is 15 minutes from the city of Puerto Plata.
¿Which hotels are close to Ocean World Adventure Park?
- Lifestyle Holidays Vacation Resort
- Hotel Iberostar Costa Dorada
- Viva Wyndham V Heavens
¿which places are near Ocean World Adventure Park?
- Espigon Cigar Factory
- Independence Central Park